The Fort Salonga Association

Established 1946


Mailbox Damaged by a Snowplow? File a Claim

One of the local casualties.

One of the local casualties.

Was your mailbox damaged by a town snowplow during one of the recent storms? If so, help may be available. File a claim with your town for a replacement mailbox. Both Town of Huntington and Town of Smithtown have programs in place. The replacement would be a generic, functional mailbox that meets U.S. Postal Service requirements.

  • For Town of Huntington residents, call 631-499-0444 to file a claim.
  • For Town of Smithtown residents, call 631-360-7500.

Both towns have similar policies for mailbox replacement, and you can read Town of Smithtown’s online.

Do you have other questions or concerns and need to find a town, county, or state department? Use the links on the FSA’s Local Government Web Pages resource to identify the right department and begin your inquiry.

Leave a Reply